Hours & Pay:
Term time is mostly after school 3.30-6.30 2/3 days a week however there are also hours available in school time also. During the holidays we need someone for 9.30-3.30 Monday -Friday.
Flexibility is crutial.
We are looking for a play leader who:
· Can organise fun activities,
· Has a solid knowledge (or ability to research) specialist interests including Cbeebies, Football, Superheroes, Pokemon and Musical Theatre...these can change weekly
· Can play in the rain and the mud and sometimes sunshine
· Always has snacks prepared
· Will treat all the children (disabled or not) as equals
· Likes noise and is good at tidying up mess
· Has the confidence and ability to coordinate groups of very excitable children and teens.
The successful candidate will ideally hold a relevant Play Worker or Childcare qualification but experience and common sense are just as important
· Good team worker
· Patient and caring
· Able to get on well with children, their parents and carers
· Well organised
· Adaptable and creative
· Aware of health and safety issues
· Firm and decisive, particularly when working with teenagers.
You should also have:
· A real interest in developing children through play
· Good communication skills
· A sense of fun
· The ability to motivate children.
Please contact us via email to apply with your CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org